DescriptionLeading Online Education Marketing Company - SEO Intern
EducationDynamics, the leader in online education marketing industry, is looking for a bright and career-minded SEO intern to join its Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team in Hoboken, NJ.
EducationDynamics helps higher education institutions find, enroll, and retain students. We have earned and maintained our industry leadership through a deeply rooted philosophy of serving our schools best by serving students first. Today we serve more than 1,200 higher education colleges and universities through multiple web properties, such as GradSchools.com.
80-90% of US online population now uses search engines to find products and services. As a new marketing channel, search engine optimization has experienced tremendous growth in the past decade, and it will become even more important in our increasingly digital economy.
EducationDynamics is offering an SEO internship (6-12 months) to college and graduate school students who want to jump start their SEO marketing career by accumulating real-world SEO experience while they are still in school. The interns will receive training from experienced SEO Manager/Director and work on projects with real impact. Interns with strong career potentials will be considered for full time positions when these positions become available.
This is an apprenticeship that requires longer time commitment than summer internship. Apply only when you have serious career interest in SEO.
- Perform page-level optimization for our websites.
- Improve internal linking structure.
- Fix website issues to help search engine indexation.
- Analyze competitor’s link profile and identify link building opportunities.
- Perform link prospecting and outreaching to acquire high value in-bound links.
- Establish relationships with external websites to facilitate content distribution and link building.
- Optimize, distribute, and promote our original content on the Internet.
- Prepare weekly keyword ranking and website performance reports for senior management.
- Maintain internal project database and track progress.
- Support SEO Strategist, Manager and Director on time-sensitive tasks.
- Students in four-year colleges or graduate degree programs who can commit at least 28 hours on-premise per week for 6-12 months. (Long commitment period is definitely preferred.)
- A self-starter.
- Career-minded, hardworking and detail oriented.
- Outstanding logic reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good time management skills – ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate as a team as well as to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Prior experience in SEO is desirable but not required.
- Candidates with digital marketing experience or strong Excel / PowerPoint skills are encouraged to send in work samples for priority consideration.
The hourly rate is between $15-$20/hour, depending on the level of skills and experience of the intern.
We are looking for SEO interns to start as soon as possible and work throughout the year. Please reply with your resume, cover letter, work sample (if any), and availability.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications